Whitney has Cerebral Palsy from birth complications that almost stole my sister Stephanie, and her daughter Whitney from us. When I think of all the ups and downs in my sister's life in the last year it seems like it has been much more than a year. I am truly grateful for Whitney and Stephanie this day. What a difference a year makes. Because of Whitney I am now closer with my sister than ever before. She is a great example of a mother, wife, sister, friend, and child of God. Happy birthday indeed!
If you haven't already I encourage you to check out her blog.
Here is a video I made a few weeks ago for her.
3 comments:
Oh how I love you. Your comment on my blog and this post on yours brought me to tears. I am so blessed to have you for a brother, and your beautiful wife for a sister in law. It is no coincidence. I need you in my life and I love you both so much. Thank you with all my heart for the love and support you give to me and my family. You truly lift me up. HUGE HUGS TODAY!!! I am so grateful to be alive and able to hold and play with my little girl. Its weird to think how different everyone would be right now if we didn't make it. Dan, you coming to see me right away meant SO MUCH to me. It was wonderful and I will never forget it. LOVE YOU!!
She is one of the sweetest little babies I have ever seen! I remember Jeff telling me what had happened and just thinking I don't know what I would do if we were in that situation and just feeling so grateful. Steph is AMAZING! I love that you posted the slide show. I loved it!
Dearest Dan,
I am sitting here in tears after reading your post and your comment on Steph's blog. That was indeed an amazing time we had together those first few days after Whit was born and Steph's life preserved. You and Brian were so wonderful to drop everything and come help. We couldn't have done it without you, and it meant so much to have my family surrounding me during that time. I love you! You are such a wonderful, kind, thoughtful, creative man and loving son, brother, husband, and father. How am I so lucky to have such great kids???
Mom
Post a Comment